GODS PROTECTION DURING PANDEMIC
Psalm 91 is the answer to all the fears during pandemic lock-down and quarantine. If we observe 3, 6 and 10 verses they talk about perils, pestilences and plague. Great security is promised by God in the midst of the danger. Wisdom shall keep them from being afraid without cause and faith shall keep them from being unduly afraid. Whatever is done, our heavenly father’s will is done and we have no reason to fear. God’s people shall see not only God’s promises fulfilled, but his protection.
Even if it is gods will that we get infected with this plague or any sickness, there is a promise in 15th verse. “He shall call upon me and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him”.
The biggest comforting verse is Psalm 23:4 – as we pray to god regularly and study his word, he prepares us for the worst situations, like the psalmist we all should be ready to say “Even though I walk through the valley of shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me”.
- …I have chosen you and have not rejected you, so do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:9-10)
- Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:4)
- The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. (Psalm 34:19)
- Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.(Hebrews 2:14-15)
- But I will deliver you on that day, declares the Lord, and you shall not be given into the hand of the men of whom you are afraid. For I will surely save you, and you shall not fall by the sword, but you shall have your life as a prize of war, because you have put your trust in me, declares the Lord.’” (Jeremaiah 39:17-18)
- But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. (1 peter 2:9)
- He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, (Col 1:13)
- But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, (Phil3: 20)
- The Lord watches over the sojourners; he upholds the widow and the fatherless, but the way of the wicked he brings to ruin. (Psalm 146:9)
- Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” (Deut 31:6)
- No weapon that is fashioned against you shall succeed, and you shall confute every tongue that rises against you in judgment. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord and their vindication from me, declares the Lord.” (Is 54:17)
- I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. (John 17: 15)
PRAYER: Father, help me to trust you in troubled times. Protect me in the shadow of your wings. May the unexpected storms of life like diseases, joblessness, separation, losing of loved ones, do not disturb me but use them Lord to strengthen me in faith. Keep eternity on my eyes that I may see everything in eternal value and perspective. You are my redeemer, my deliverer and my honor. May your will be done.